Shio Koji Salmon
This is the one of the most popular Shio Koji recipes and tastes amazing. We get a lot of compliments from our customers. 👏👏👏
- Shio Koji (10% of salmon weight*)
- Oil for cooking
*From our experience, when Shio Koji is lightly covered all around, this will be close to 10% of the material weight.
1. Apply Shio Koji to entire surface of salmon.
2. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
3. Keep it in the refrigerator for 30min to 1 day.
4. Apply the oil on the pan and set it medium heat. Cook skin side first.
5. When the skin is lightly charred, flip it.
6. Close the cover and cook it through with low heat.
Note: Excess Shio Koji can burn easily. You can wipe it off before cooking it to avoid excessive charring.