Organic Brown Rice Koji
This product is currently sold out.
Dried Rice Koji
We offer single-origin Organic Dried Rice Koji, sourcing rice harvested from the JAS certified organic rice farms in Kurashiki-City in Okayama Prefecture, Japan. The rice is carefully handcrafted into rice koji in small batches. The result is a nutty-flavored rice koji, perfect for Amazake, Miso and Shio koji making. Our package will help keep the contents fresh with its protective layer of odor-proof and moisture-proof materials. It also has a resealable zipper for your convenience.
- Organic Brown Rice
- Aspergillus Oryzae
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Product life is up to 1 year in the refrigerator or freezer.
17.6oz (500g) / 8.8oz (250g)
Product of Japan
How to make Amazake using a thermos
Saucepan. Thermos. Thermometer. Spoon. Storage container.
Dry Rice Koji (250g), Water (375ml)
Before you start:
* Make sure all the equipment is clean and sanitized.
* If koji is stored in a refrigerator, restore koji to room temperature.
* If koji is stored in a freezer, defrost and restore koji to room temperature.
* Preheat thermos by filling it with boiled hot water. (Empty out the water before step 3 below.)
1. In the saucepan, boil the water and cool it down to 150°F (65°C).
2. Mix in koji well with spoon and maintain the temperature around 140°F (60°C).
3. Pour mixture into the thermos and keep the temperature between 132°F~140°F (55~60°C) for 6 to 8 hours. (Check temperature after 4 hours. If it’s below 132°F (55°C), reheat it in the saucepan to 140°F (60°C) and put it back into the thermos.)
4. After completion, transfer amazake to the storage container. * Do not exceed 70°C when heating koji mixture.
* Enjoy within a week when stored in a refrigerator, or store in a freezer for 1 or 2 months.
This was the perfect substitute for making makgeolli. It turned out great and people cannot get enough of it, so I will be buying more. Super fast delivery too. Very happy. Thank you very much!
I ordered this for a friend and mentor for his birthday. I asked for a note to be included and they went over and beyond and followed up after as well. Very impressed and will buy more in the future.
I've just been introduced to Amazake. It's deliciously wonderful! Thank you for offering such a quality product. Also, thank you for your invaluable support in guiding me through the process of preparing Amazake for the first time.