Organic White Rice Koji
This product is currently sold out.
Dried Rice Koji
We offer single-origin Organic Dried Rice Koji, sourcing rice harvested from the JAS certified organic rice farms in Kurashiki-City in Okayama Prefecture, Japan. The rice is carefully handcrafted into rice koji in small batches. The result is a nutty-flavored rice koji, perfect for Amazake, Miso and Shio koji making. Our package will help keep the contents fresh with its protective layer of odor-proof and moisture-proof materials. It also has a resealable zipper for your convenience.
- Organic White Rice
- Aspergillus Oryzae
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Product life is up to 1 year in the refrigerator or freezer.
17.6oz (500g) / 8.8oz (250g)
Product of Japan
How to make Amazake using a thermos
Saucepan. Thermos. Thermometer. Spoon. Storage container.
Dry Rice Koji (250g), Water (375ml)
Before you start:
* Make sure all the equipment is clean and sanitized.
* If koji is stored in a refrigerator, restore koji to room temperature.
* If koji is stored in a freezer, defrost and restore koji to room temperature.
* Preheat thermos by filling it with boiled hot water. (Empty out the water before step 3 below.)
1. In the saucepan, boil the water and cool it down to 150°F (65°C).
2. Mix in koji well with spoon and maintain the temperature around 140°F (60°C).
3. Pour mixture into the thermos and keep the temperature between 132°F~140°F (55~60°C) for 6 to 8 hours. (Check temperature after 4 hours. If it’s below 132°F (55°C), reheat it in the saucepan to 140°F (60°C) and put it back into the thermos.)
4. After completion, transfer amazake to the storage container. * Do not exceed 70°C when heating koji mixture.
* Enjoy within a week when stored in a refrigerator, or store in a freezer for 1 or 2 months.
This makes life so much easier for my recipes and the product is high quality.
I loved everything I ordered and will order more soon! Thank you!
Fast shipping, wonderful product- very happy!
I purchased Amazake and Koji as a surprise gift to my friend in Atlanta. She said she loved the Amazake! She made shio Koji for cooking. I’ll definitely come back to order more.