Shio Koji Kit with Organic Rice Koji Powder and Pink Salt
This variant is currently sold out
One-Day Shio Koji Kit
Make your own Shio Koji at home in just one day! Normally making Shio Koji takes a week to a few weeks. However, this Shi Koji will be ready in just one day. All you need to do is add water, mix, and wait!
- Organic Rice Koji Powder
- Pre-measured Himalayan Salt in a pre-sanitized, ready to use jar
- A clean teaspoon for mixing
- A clean teaspoon to add the koji powder into the jar
* Sanitizing the spoons is recommended.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Expiration is printed on the back. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Measure 140ml water.
- Pour the water in the jar provided.
- Using the mixing teaspoon, mix until salt is dissolved. (Since Himalayan salt is rock salt, it may not dissolve completely.)
- Using the spoon for the koji powder, carefully add the Rice Koji powder to the water and salt mixture. To prevent spillage or overflow, add the powder one teaspoon at a time until the bag is empty.
- Using the mixing teaspoon, mix all of the contents together well until there’s no unmixed powder. There should be no dry powder visible.
- Place the lid lightly on the jar. Do not twist it shut.
- Leave at room temperature for one day.
- Keep refrigerated with the lid closed and use it within 3 months.
*It is natural for the Shio Koji to separate. Simply use a spoon to remix it before use.
Enjoy Shio Koji as a salt alternative for cooking or seasoning. You can also use it to marinate meat or fish for a couple of hours to tenderize and add umami taste.